May 14, 2017

Vahdam Organic Premium Darjeeling Green

Type: Green
Color: Medium yellow-green
Body: Thin
Flavor: Herbaceous, hint of floral, hint of herbal, slight astringency, savory
Strength: 3 out of 5

This Vahdam Organic green tea tastes more like Chinese style green teas rather than Japanese ones. The flavor is mild but not as light and bright. Floral darjeeling notes are barely there. No traces of metallic

Longer steepings (over 3 minutes) will make it bitter, but it might pair better with food this way! Something about oversteeping turns the tea very savory. It reminds me of bonito flakes without the fishiness. I don’t know. It’s probably just me. We’ll just leave it as “savory.”

Conclusion: Chinesey green tea that I will forever refer to as “bonito water” in my head. It’s fine as a green tea but not my favorite. I don’t usually favor green tea. Ohohoho.

No comments:

Post a Comment